A Unique Darwin Harbour Sunset Experience
The Larrakia are the traditional owners of Darwin Harbour. Embracing a Larrakia “welcome to saltwater country”, the tour is hosted by Roque Lee, a Larrakia Traditional Owner who will provide an interactive cultural experience. The tour works with the tides, wind and moon to showcase the dynamic environment of Darwin Harbour at twilight time, and through Roque’s traditional eyes.
Sunset on saltwater country works with nature, and each evening the elements and the season will dictate the best place to be on the harbour. The tour might take in spear throwing on a beach, a visit to the Fannie Bay Sandbar for a beach walk; spotlighting up a mangrove waterway; or fossicking in an ochre pit. Accompanied by warm wind, the smell of salt in the air, an exquisite sunset and tropical water temperatures visitors will experience…
- Didgeredoo – Listen to this primal sound as the sun sets;
- Traditional craft – string from beach material and Larrakia bling;
- Spear and woomera – traditional fishing methods.
This cultural cruise is complimented by a saltwater tucker tasting and choice of pick up and return at either Stokes Hill Wharf or Cullen Bay Pontoon. This gives customers a fabulous choice of restaurants across Darwin City as the perfect way to end the day.
- Operates: 3x weekly throughout the dry season
- Duration: approx 2 hours
- What to Bring: Flat shoes or sandals, camera
- We Supply: sunscreen, insect repellent, drinking water, tucker tasting plate
- Departure: Stokes Hill Wharf (5.00 pm) or Cullen Bay (5.30 pm)
- Return: Stokes Hill Wharf (8.00 pm) or Cullen Bay (7.30 pm)
Adult: $75.00, Concession: $70, Child $55.00, Family (2 adults, 2 child) $220.00