MUD CRAB MASTERCLASS
A Sunday Session where the salty pleasures of Darwin Harbour come together with the soulful generosity of Jimmy’s Shu’s conversation and his inspiring Top End flavour combinations.
In collaboration with Hanuman Restaurant and Streeter Fishing Charters, this Sea Darwin event is for those with a love of fresh mud crab and inspirational food preparation. This “slow food” experience will showcase the majesty of Top End mud crabs and why they are an integral part of Darwin food culture. It will be a journey where you encounter mud-crabbing firsthand, sourcing the freshest of crabs to deliver to the Hanuman Kitchen. Along the way there will be a treat or 2! Then, as VIP guests, there will be a private masterclass where Jimmy Shu’s melting pot food philosophy and his instinctive flavour combinations meet freshly caught mud crabs. And the best part of all, finishing that Sunday session with a cold something special and savouring a succulent mud-crab 2 ways meal cooked with the flavours of Asian migration and incredible Top End produce.
Event: The Masterclass of Mud Crab.
Date: Sunday 2 and Sunday 16 August 2020
Times: 2:00 – 6:00 pm
- 2-hour Darwin Harbour mud-crabbing experience
- Bus transfers between Hanuman restaurant and Stokes Hill Wharf
- Complimentary drink on boarding
- Handcrafted Saltie Gin tasting and paired Hanuman snack
- Mud crab cooking masterclass with Jimmy Shu
- Mud crab feast with paired wine at Hanuman.
- Book On Line or use your Tourism Voucher